NumFOCUS supports and promotes world-class, innovative, open source scientific software. Most individual projects, even the wildly successful ones, find the overhead of a non-profit to be too large for their community to bear. NumFOCUS provides a critical service as an umbrella organization which removes the burden from the projects themselves to raise money.
Money donated through NumFOCUS goes to sponsor things like:
- Coding sprints (food and travel)
- Technical fellowships (sponsored students and mentors to work on code)
- Equipment grants (to developers and projects)
- Conference attendance for students (to PyData, SciPy, and other conferences)
- Fees for continuous integration and other software engineering tools
- Documentation development
- Web-page hosting and bandwidth fees for projects
NumFOCUS aims to ensure that money is available to keep projects in the scientific Python stack funded and available. So if you find value in these tools and have always wanted to give back, donating to NumFOCUS gives you a way of supporting either a specific project of your choice or all of these great codes at once!
- NumFOCUS has received 501(c)3 status as a public charity in the United States.
There are many ways to give. We have tried to make it as simple as possible to donate to NumFOCUS. You can use any of the following payment providers.
Checks - Make payable to NumFOCUS and mail to:
P.O. Box 90596
Austin, TX 78709
Your personal contribution is greatly appreciated!